CPC-H Exam Info
CPC-H stands for Certified Professional Coder-Hospital. The CPC-H exam is conducted by American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). The cost of taking the exam is $260 for AAPC members and $300 for non-members. The exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions. The test has a5 hour 40 minute time limit. Anyone who does not pass on the first attempt gets a free retake.
CPC-H certification shows employers that an applicant:
- Has proficiency in coding claims for accurate medical coding for diagnoses, procedures and services
- Knowledge of AHA Coding guidelines
- Understands medical coding regulations
- Ability to update coding and reimbursement rule changes in a timely manner
- Knows how to integrate medical coding and reimbursement rule changes
- Has knowledge of physiology, anatomy and medical terminology to correctly code diagnosis and treatments
CPC-H Exam Preparation
When preparing for the CPC-H exam make sure to check out the AAPC website they have helpful info on scheduling exams, and preparation tips. When studying for the CPC-H exam you will find the books listed below helpful. They are all recommended by AAPC and I was able to find them listed at the lowest prices on Amazon.